Wednesday, November 12, 2014

MOUNTAINS MOVING!

Mountains Moving--- Tear jerker. Prepare. 

Psalm 115:1

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory,
    for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness.

Marks wonderful Aunt passed away in March.  She had a stroke in December of 2012.  She was a beautiful person and was such of an encouragement to me in my Catholic Faith.  She told me things about the faith and was thrilled when the girls were Baptized and went through First Communion.  She celebrated in ways my non-Catholic family could.  She knew the importance of these life events for us.  She always had a kind word and was just an amazing woman. 
We grieved our loss when she had her stroke, but it was still just as painful when she passed away in March.  Back in the summer we visited with Mark's family and friends at her home.  It was our last trip there and it was so sad to all of us.  Mark's cousin asked us to choose any memento we might want to remember her by.  We got some books because she had an enormous library of books and we also chose a few personal items.  One was a Chalice that Mark's dad had somehow acquired for her.  I also chose her Brown Scapular.  I was not sure when she last wore it.  It is old and made with real wool and leather.  As the challenges of this adoption has gone on, I have found myself putting on her Brown Scapular and wearing it.  It reminds me to pray for her and her family and our situation as well.  I lost it for a week or so and it showed back up in one of my drawers.  It has wool on it so it can get caught in clothes.  I assume that is what happened.  I decided to wear it today and let her know that I was tired and weary of this adoption process.  I prayed about it and kept it on all day.

 Mark's cousin emailed him about a month ago and told him that once her estate items were settled he would like to send us some money for the adoption.  He knew she would want that.  Mark and I both thought of it as a blessing and were very appreciative. His cousin contacted us today for our home address.
He emailed back later today and shared a story. 
Aunt Lois was known to keep things that might be useful later. She had tons of linens and place settings in her home just in case a party broke out or surprise guests arrived for dinner or someone needed to stay over night.  She was always organized and together. Christmas cards done in November, birthday cards done ahead, things like that.   Her son had found a box of envelopes with stamps on them in her desk months back.  Some had labels on them and some did not. Being raised by a Depression Momma he thought he could put them to use.   He told his wife this morning to grab an envelope from the box, put a check in it for us, and address it.  When she opened the envelope to put the check in it had 150.00 cash in it.  They both were speechless. Mark's cousin said, "She blesses people even now that she is gone."  He told Mark tonight that he is sending all of it.  She obviously wanted us to have it. Out of tons of envelopes this was the one chosen, so it was meant to be ours.  I have always thought that I understood God moving mountains, but as this journey of ours continues, things are happening to us that only God can control. This is one of many stories that I am sure I will share. God will make this happen and as it unfolds He will be glorified in ways we can only imagine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment