Wednesday, June 19, 2013

24-hour famine and boiled french fries

First before anyone continues reading this, please pray for Teresa.  She is a little girl that was adopted from China and just had a heart transplant.  She is not doing well and really needs prayer. 


Thank you for praying for little Teresa and her sweet family! 


 What does a 24-hour famine have to do with boiling French fries? 

My oldest signed up to do a 24-famine lock-in type event at the church where she attended school for 7 years.  In the 24 hours the tweens and teens learn what it is like for people in Guatemala and other third world countries who go for days without food.  They originally were going to stay overnight outside in cardboard boxes but because of storms in the area they decided to set up their boxes inside.  Thank you Lord because this worried Momma slept better last night knowing that.

My oldest decided for her last meal before famine time she wanted McDonald's nuggets and fries.  Well, my no French fries girl was totally not pleased with that. Flo went on and on and on how she knew she could eat a fry and AG could check it for her.  I think at one point there was talk of  AG eating it for her and then spitting it in her mouth.  (just kidding, but it was almost to that)  I finally convinced her that we would go by the grocery store on our way home and buy some frozen fries.  We then discussed all the way to the store how we could prepare them so they would be soft enough for her to eat.  Then some Chinese wisdom came to me.  Steamer!  Put those bad boys in the steamer.  I use it to make pot stickers a.k.a. Chinese Dumplings.  We put them in there, added a little French fry salt and voila!  Done.  Did they look a little limp?  Yes.  Did she eat most of them? Yes.  Was I mom of the moment?  "Babam!" Yes I was.  We are getting quite creative to get her to eat something.  I will continue to post my creative Cleft surgery moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment