Thursday, May 8, 2014

Home Schooling Momma

In just one week I will have successfully home schooled my children for an entire school year.  It was hard.  It was tiring, but soooooooooooooo worth it.  I have learned so much about my kids.  So much more than I did a year ago.  They are both amazing girls.  I am so completely blessed.  Just completely and totally blessed.  Some days I was just amazed by there brains.  Some days I wanted to pull my hair out, but most days I was just happy to be with them.  I will say that I cheated a little.  We did a home school hybrid. So we went to an actual building for tutoring 2 days per week and worked at home the rest of the time.  I highly recommend this for new home schooling parents.  It gave us so many things, including structure, curriculum guides, and some social time.  We all enjoyed making new friends and having a support system as we weighed through it all. No regrets at all.  Just love it. And we will be doing it again in the fall with our preschool crew.  I am already dreaming about preschool fun.  Flo may have to be my assistant in all of that.  She loves getting dirty and playing with preschool brothers will make it even better!  My girls have no idea that they will be doing reading logs after next week and some time with the math tutor over the summer.  I won't share that until we get out next week.  I want to thank the LORD for helping me and giving me the strength to get through the really hard days!  I also want to thank Him for the grace to enjoy the really great days!

Proverbs 22:6

New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
Train children in the right way,
    and when old, they will not stray.

No comments:

Post a Comment