Saturday, May 10, 2014

This Mother's Day I am GRATEFUL!!!!

Motherhood has never been an easy road in our family.  God chooses our pathway to motherhood and sometimes it is a very hard road and sometimes it is an easy road.  We watched  a few episodes of the Duggars tonight.

Side Note-I just could not get my youngest to get into KnightRider for some reason.  If nothing else I thought she would love Kitt the car.  No such luck.  I am so loving NetFlix. I saw Shawn Cassidy the other night in Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys.  AWESOME!  AG said so lame mom! Definitely not Sherlock!

andSo anyway back to the Duggars.  I am looking at this mother of 19 children.  She is a very gentle soul.  She takes time to discipline her children but in the gentlest way and I am always so impressed in how she never, ever just looses it.  She has had 19 children.  Each one she has given birth to and I am just thinking Lord how is that I struggled and struggled and struggled and this woman just has kids, but if I had been able to have children just like her I would not have experienced the wonderful world of adoption.  I would not have met the families I know and I would not have the beautiful children I have.  I would not have the compassion  and empathy I do for parents that have lost children and I certainly would not know about the 153 million orphans in the world today.  

Many people ask how, how are there so many?  There are 153 million and counting today because people can not feed their children or parents have passed away due to illness or accidents or they simply can only have one child.  There are orphanages and foster homes around the world full of children that have no mother to decorate or draw or purchase cards for this day.  They are all alone in the world. They are hungry, and tired, and possibly ill and they are alone.  But there are nannies and caregivers!  Yes, but there are hundreds of children and few caregivers.  So, 7 children, 10 children, 15 children alone in a room and one wakes up crying and three wake up crying and in the next room there are 4 babies crying and the next one has a 7 year old sick. There are 2 nannies.  Who cries themselves to back to sleep?  Which one gets the nanny? The sick one, the wet baby, the hungry baby, the colicky baby?  Which one gets the attention?  The nanny has to decide, but out of the 9 children only one or two will get attention tonight.  So, the others have no one to help them.  REALITY stinks!  It totally stinks!  And each person that thinks I am a great Momma to do this we are just building our family, but thousands of children wait.  We are following the path that God is leading us on and we hope that others will follow behind us.  Adoption is a gift from one mom to another.

I want to not only be grateful this Mother's Day for my wonderful Momma and my Sis, the Godmother of my children, but for the 3 Moms in China that gave up their children for different circumstances.  Each one had a choice to make.  Abortion may have been an option, but instead they chose something different.  They chose to leave their child in a very public place where they knew someone would find their child and take them to a safe place where they could thrive long enough for me to be their Momma.  Thank you beautiful Asian Moms for your gifts to me.  I am so blessed by our sweet girl and I know that my boys are going to bring wonderful joy to our family.  I am just overwhelmed this Mother's Day by these gifts.

I also am grateful for the day our sweet AG was born.  Although a hard day, it would have been so much harder if I had not had her sweet face next to me.  

"Lord I pray for the mommas on our hospital hall that day that went home empty handed.  I too left the hospital with one baby instead of two, but I took home a sweet and healthy baby and they did not.  This Mother's Day will be painful for them and I pray LORD that you will bring them comfort and comfort to all mothers that have suffered the loss of a child.  Lord thank you for all of my blessings this Mother's Day!"
Amen

Kim








No comments:

Post a Comment